Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This Boot Was Made For Walking....

It's true!
I have been cleared to start putting weight on my foot. The only downer....I still have this grey, smelly boot....at least for now. I'm excited to start walking again. I can't imagine being on these blasted crutches for much longer. Although I'll still have to use them until I can put 100% of my weight on that foot. Hopefully I'm make great progress and be walking in no time!
Other good news, my swelling is almost completely gone. The doctor said it is looking excellent. Also, my range of motion has improved. Although it's not superb, I can point and flex it better than I could a week ago. My doctor also said that after my next appointment, I will be starting physical therapy to get my range of motion back. For now it looks as though I will be doing it at home. How you may ask? By pretending to spell the alphabet with my toes. In no time I'll be writing sentences like a pro! haha! Lastly, in a few days I'll be able to remove the dressing on my foot and actually WASH it! Gross I know but that's what happens after surgery.
xoxo
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment