Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Clean Foot...

I am pleased to announce that after 6 freaking weeks, I can FINALLY wash my foot! Gross I know but it's the truth. Last night I was able to wash my foot for the first time. It still feels incredibly weird to touch it. There are areas on my foot that are still mostly numb. Another gross thing....all of my skin is can just be peeled off. Honestly, I think it's pretty awesome to peel skin off but some people are pretty repulsed by the idea. Anyways, here is a picture of my foot. Don't mind the brown substance you see on part of the scar, I didn't quite get it all off before I took the picture.



I also find it pretty cool that you can still see the stitch marks in my skin. I wonder how long it will be until they go away. Oh and sorry my foot looks rather disgusting.... :/


Other than washing my foot, I've started to put weight on it more and more each day. Although, I'm still on these blasted crutches. So far I think I can put about 25 - 30% of my weight on it while walking. If I'm just standing still, I feel like I can put a little more weight on it. I think I just have this idea in my head that my scar will rip open if I walk on it. I don't know how else to explain it, but I afraid to walk on it. It hurts a little but all in all it just feels weird after not being able to walk for over a month. Hopefully by next week I will be a little better. I have a doctors appointment on the 15th. I'm hoping that I'll be able to improve my walking by then.

I've also noticed that while in this stage, my foot tends to swell up after I've been walking around on it. From what my doctor said at my last appointment, this is a common thing. He told me to keep it elevated when I can.


xoxo

Megs

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a huge ordeal! You've been through a lot with that ankle. The stitch marks look awesome by the way.

    ReplyDelete