Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas...

For Christmas, we went over to Matthew's Mom's house in the morning. By the time I was able to hobble out of bed and get into the car, they had already opened most of the presents. When we got there, we had a couple of gifts to open. I got a new purse (yayy!) and Matthew got a Flip camera. Oh and we got kinect for Xbox!!! Wahoo! I'm excited to try it out when I can walk again. I've just been watching Matthew play all weekend long. Matthew's youngest brother also got kinect and dance central.
Around 2 o'clock, we made our way over to Matthew's Aunt & Uncle's house for dinner. His Aunt Lisa prepared an awesome Christmas dinner. We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and rolls. After we stuffed ourselves, we all sat around talking. Well actually everyone else was talking and I was drifting in and out because of the pain killers. Once we had digested some of our food, we opened more presents. Matthew and I received a tent and first aid kit. We are pretty excited about that since we both enjoy camping.
Day 2, 3 & 4 of Surgery
The second day was horrible! I woke up at 4 am in so much pain I was shaking. I have never felt that much pain in my life. I wanted to cut my whole leg off!! After taking some medication, I was able to fall asleep but didn't sleep that long. Day 3 wasn't as bad, but I still feel a lot of pain. The pain killers help but there is still a throbbing, dull pain in my ankle area. Also laying on the couch all day has started to cause my back to ache. I've been keeping it elevated as much as possible, even when I sleep. Day 4 is going pretty well so far. I've been able to go a little longer with out pain medication. Sleeping through the night is pretty hard though.
xoxo
Megs

1 comment:

  1. Don't cut your leg off, silly! That would make it hurt worse!

    ReplyDelete