Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Ankle Woes....

As most of you know, I damaged my ankle pretty bad last year. After spending four months walking around on it and it never getting better, I finally decided to go to the doctor. There wasn't much that could be done at that point. I was given an ankle brace and instructed to wear it for a few months. I cooperated and was eventually able to stop wearing it. At my last doctor appointment, I was told I would have to wear a brace for the rest of my life while doing any physical activity or have surgery to fix the problem. I choose to wear the brace as I didn't really have the funds to get the surgery.

While trying to workout this summer, I realized that wearing the brace didn't really help that much. Trying to balance on that foot is another story. I recently went back to the doctor to see if there was anything that could be done (ie: surgery). After examining my foot and taking x-rays, He told me that the only possible problem with my ankle is that my Peroneal Tendon is popping and snapping up over my ankle bone (subluxation). Which causes the bone to become inflamed and create a dull, achy pain. He also believes that my tendons have flattened and are starting to tear. So what does this all mean? I'm getting an MRI on Monday which will hopefully illustrate what is going on. Depending on what the results are, surgery is probably the next step in this saga.

Why am I even writing this post?....I've been doing a lot of googleing over the last couple days and have been able to find very little information on this topic. I've decided that I should document my story for other people who may go through this.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your ankle! That must be really frustrating. I hope that life is going well for you otherwise!

    ReplyDelete