Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

And The Winner Is...

A while ago, I posted here about how I was undecided about my centerpieces. You'll also see that I posted here about how my decision may become easier. Well I am proud to tell you that I think I have finally decided on what will be on the tables. And the winner is.....Lemons & Vases! Thanks to all who voted and gave me in put. After months of trying to decide, I found yet another BEAUTIFUL inspiration and decided to model my own centerpieces after it.



See...isn't is so cute!!! I found this picture one day and the next week, Hobby Lobby decided to have a HUGE sale on all of their glassware! OMG! Of course I had to go check it out. When I made my way over to the nearest store, I was pleased to find plenty of affordable vases! How affordable you ask?! Well I only paid $2 for each vase! I saved $20 on vases alone. I know, I know....in an earlier post I had mentioned that I may just barrow some vases, which = FREE so why did I go out and buy 10 vases?! Well truth be told, I'm kind of a control freak....and my DOC (Day of Coordinator) has been kind of flaky lately (that's another post for another day).

Anyways, I got totally excited about those vases that today, I bought a bunch of lemons to make a mock up! Here it is:

*Personal Photograph*
Matthew thinks that there needs to be a little "something else" but can't quite put his finger on it. I like the way they look and think that once they are in the actual reception, they will look great. I'm open to any suggestions you may have about how to make it look "better." 

Breakdown of Items & Costs

Vase $4 ea - 50% = $2 ea
Curly Twigs $10 - 50% = $5 for 100 pieces
Lemons $.39 ea x 6 = $2.34
Ribbon *Already had from another project*

Total projected cost for centerpieces = About $50 to make 10

xoxo
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment