Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

It's All In The Details: Lighting Up The Night

Decorations are something that I've been stressing about. Mostly because I plan on DIY-ing as much as possible. I've shared my inspirations for centerpieces here. I'm still not 100% sure which one I'll choose but in a recent conversation I had with my Day of Coordinator, she mentioned that she had a ton of vases and her friend also has a lemon tree....so that is swaying my decision a bit :)

Anyways, I wanted to share the inspiration pictures for lighting that may appear on the big day. The first one up, paper lanterns. From day one, I knew that I wanted some paper lanterns some where in the mix. While searching on google, I found these delightful ideas:



Paper lanterns are an easy way to add beautiful lighting and random pops of color! I'm trying to decide if I just want to stick with white because I may have another idea for adding color in...you'll just have to keep an eye out for that post! :)

Next up....luminaries. I'm thinking about using these to line the side walks. Since we our ceremony will begin around sunset, it will be nice you look out during the reception and see some soft glowing lights. Here are a few inspiration ideas.





Aren't the last ones just adorable! Maybe I can sprinkle a few around the reception to tie in our vintage feel. I think that the first two ideas were be relatively easy to create. All you would need is a white paper bag and some creativity!

xoxo
Megs
 

1 comment: