Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Weight Loss Chronicles: Transformation Tuesday...

In honor of transformation Tuesday, I am writing this post. Over the past year, I have been trying very hard to be healthier, lose weight, and regain my confidence. It's been a struggle I've faced on and off through out my life.

When I finally started to get serious about my weight loss journey, I was consistently in the gym 4-5 times a week and after 3 months I hadn't seen much progress. My measurements fluctuated and I gained about 10lbs. Frustrated and unhappy, I finally decided it was time to talk to a doctor.

In August of last year, the doctor determined I hade hypothyroidism. This wasn't too surprising since my mom was diagnosed with it several years ago. I started taking medication and by the new year my levels were in a normal range. I also made the decision to stop taking birth control at the end of February. Although most doctors say that birth control doesn't contribute to weight gain, I beg to differ. I gained a substantial amount of weight when I first started taking it and should've realized something wasn't right.

Flash forward to March of this year. I still wasn't seeing the results I wanted! After taking a couple of weeks off from the gym, I decided that I needed to stick with it!....and....I AM SO GLAD I DID! 

Over the past 3 months I've lost around 14lbs and I'm still going strong. I've also lost inches everywhere. Over the past month I started taking photos so I could see my progress. I know it may not seem like much but for me it is enough to keep me going!

Disclaimer: these are not photos I would normally be willing to share. Yes the mirror is dirty. Yes I took these right after working out. 


June 3rd vs June 16th



Just between these two pictures, I lost a total of 3 inches over all. Over the last 3 months I've been focusing on eating smaller portions, getting in 30 mins of cardio, and pushing myself at the gym. Even though I'm only there 3 times a week, I make it count! 

So to all of you out there struggling, just keep going! Be consistent and don't give up! After a year I'm finally seeing the results and there were a lot of days I wanted to give up. 

xoxo,
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment