Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Invitations...

Now that our invitations have finally arrived at their final destinations, I figured I'd share them with the blogging world. I spent a lot of time on these and am quite proud how great they turned out.

In January, while I was in Utah, my sister helped me score some plain white, pocket fold invitations from Walmart. I bought 25 for $15. They included three inserts and all of the envelopes needed. We downloaded cute fonts from dafont.com. The invitations we purchased came with a link for templates. That was really helpful since we printed them all at home. It was a little tricky at first but I was able to figure it out and get all of them printed.

After all the inserts were printed, it was time to dress them up. I purchased a stamp and some grey ink from Hobby Lobby.



The belly bands took WAY longer than they should have. There was probably an easier way to make them, but of course I took the long route. First I cut 12 x 12 paper into 2" strips. Then used a 1 1/2" stencil to trace our letters on the back of the paper. If you plan to do this project this way, make sure you trace the letters on backwards.


Next, I took a xacto knife and hand cut all of the letters! I know...that is dedication! Luckily I only had to make 50 of them and it took me a couple of weekends to finish them all.


Once they were all cut out and trimmed, I glued a yellow 2" strip onto the back. I used Elmer's glue which I wouldn't really recommend. Once they started drying, they developed some curves. Even after I put them under a heavy object, they still weren't completely flat.


Once the bands were all finished, I wrapped them around the completed invitation and glued them together. With out further ado, here is the final product:




Like I said above, I am really proud about how these turned out. I've gotten quite a few compliments regarding them. It made all the time I spent making them well worth it!

xoxo,
Megs

*All Personal Photographs*

No comments:

Post a Comment