Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Time to say goodbye...

To my boot that is!!!

Today I had another doctors appointment. As usual, everything is looking great. My scar if FULLY healed! Whoot! He also said that I am ready to start wearing shoes again. I'm only allowed to wear supportive shoes though (ie. Athletic shoes)...so no flats, heels, flip flops...etc. To help me ease into regular shoes, he suggested that I wear them in familiar territory. Like when I'm grocery shopping or at the mall. Places that have mostly flat, level ground.

My doctor has also decided to send me to physical therapy. I'll be going three times a week for a month. Physical therapy will help strengthen my tendons as well as help me improve my range of motion. Along with physical therapy, he still wants me to do at home therapy (ie. ABC exercise). The reason he wanted me to start and continue to do this is that it will help me once I am actually in physical therapy.

He also suggested that I gradually move out of the brace once I feel comfortable. He said that my ankle is very strong. He also said that this is the hardest part of recovery. For so long I've trying to protect my ankle and now I can finally start using it. Even last night I had to sleep with a sock on that foot to feel normal. He told me it is ok to sleep without the brace and when I do my exercises. It'll take some getting use to but I'm glad there is light at the end of the tunnel!

My next appointment is set for March 28th.



xoxo
Megs

1 comment:

  1. Woot Woot! I thought that was going to be terrible news from the title!

    ReplyDelete