Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

C25K

I have decided that I need to start exercising a little bit more. I came across this running program called Couch 2 5K. Since then I have been thinking about starting it. For about 2 or 3 years now, I have been saying I want to run a marathon. Which, if you know me, is really bizarre for me to say! haha! I HATE running! But I think that I finally found a way to ease into! Couch 2 5K is a 9 week running program that requires you to run 20 - 30 minutes, 3 times a week.

I read that to maintain your current weight, you need to do 30 minutes of physical activity 3 times a week. Because I want to get into better shape, I've also decided that I am going to start Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I plan on alternating between both because I tend to get pretty bored with the same thing every day.

I suspect that I will probably have to repeat a couple of weeks in the Couch 2 5K running program but hope that I can keep with it! And once I graduate the C25K, maybe I might start their 10K running program. Don't worry, I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing :)

xoxo
Megs

1 comment:

  1. I would hate to run a marathon! But it would be sweet to say I did, good luck, I should do something like that.

    ReplyDelete