Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

Honeymoon: Sleepless in Seattle (Part 1)



On Friday, July 27th we started our honeymoon by catching a plane to Seattle. We were very anxious and excited to be starting our week and a half vacation. Matthew hasn't taken that much time off of work in a long time, so it was a nice break for him. I really enjoyed it because I start school in two weeks. With 22 credits, a part time job, and an internship Matthew won't be seeing a whole lot of me. Anyways, when we touched down in Seattle it was pretty overcast but wasn't too cold. We decided to save money and ride the light rail system to our hotel. The light rail stop was only 1/2 a mile from our hotel so it seemed logical just to walk. Boy were we wrong! We got pretty lost in downtown Seattle thanks to google maps! I had put the address in my phone but for some reason it took us to 1st Ave instead of 1st Ave S. We walked and walked and walked until the blinking light on google maps said we were in the right spot. After about 20 minutes of back tracking and walking in circles, we realized what the issue was. At this point, we were both pretty frustrated with the whole situation. We tried getting a cab but we must've been invisible and speaking in a foreign language. The first cab driver pulled over but then when we told him where we wanted to go, he muttered something under his breath and then drove off. The next few cabs just passed us by like we didn't exist. At this point, we decided to walk to the correct location. We were about a mile away. Poor Matthew had to pull the big bag, which weighed about 55 lbs, all over the city. While we were making our way to the hotel, some bum on a bicycle ran into the suitcase I was pulling and then screamed some profanities at me because apparently it was my fault. I had a good laugh for about two minutes and then I was frustrated again because I was tired, hungry, and mad at myself that I didn't double check the address BEFORE we got off the train. 

After walking a mile, we finally arrived at our hotel and were able to check in without a problem. Our hotel was right next to Safeco Field, where the Mariners play. It was also next to a brewhouse so of course we had to go eat dinner there. I figured it was the least I could do after making Matthew walk a couple miles while lugging around a heavy bag. The food was pretty good and the drinks weren't too bad either. Since we had wasted most of our time trying to find the hotel, we weren't able to go see any sights. I was kind of bummed but was glad that we had another day in Seattle when we got back from the cruise. So in the mean time, we headed back to the hotel to relax and watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. 

xoxo,
Megs

{Safeco Field}

{View of downtown Seattle from the roof of our hotel}

{Mr. & Mrs.}

{Kisses}

{Funny Faces}

**All personal photographs**

No comments:

Post a Comment